Working capital is the lifeblood of small business—from marketing a grand opening to handling the costs of expansion. A Merchant Cash Advance is a flexible working capital option that allows small business owners to access cash now by selling a portion of their business’s future credit card sales.
Different than a loan?
It’s important to note that a Merchant Cash Advance is not a loan; it is a purchase and sale. Basically, it’s a “cash-flow friendly” way to access capital and works particularly well for business owners who are comfortable having the amount they remit fluctuate with daily sales. Instead of sending a large amount once a month, a flat percentage of your business’s credit and debit card sales are automatically remitted daily. A larger amount is sent on busy sales days than on slow days. The process stops automatically when your business delivers the total amount future credit card receipts that it’s sold.
What are the advantages of a Merchant Cash Advance?
- No personal collateral is needed.
- A stellar credit history is not required to qualify.
- There are no checks to write.
- On a slow day you remit less; on a busy day you remit more.
- Remittances are made through processing regular credit card sales—you can remain 100% focused on growing the business.
- There is no set maturity date and no pre-set payment amount.
- It is quick and easy when compared to other options such as a traditional loan.